- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest France Items
Britain has decided against supplying arms to Libyan rebels, Cabinet officials announced Wednesday, marking a divide between London and Paris in the three-month civil war to topple Libyan strongman Col. Moammar Gadhafi.
As we see Americans who took part in one way or another in World War II begin to fade from the scene in large numbers, we start to understand the bittersweet feelings that overtook previous generations about other conflicts in our history. But there are many reasons why the term "greatest generation," now almost routinely applied to them, is not so hyperbolic.
European food and disease prevention authorities said Wednesday they are investigating whether the E. coli outbreak in Germany and France may be traced back to fenugreek seeds imported from Egypt either in 2009 or last year.
France sent weapons this month to Libyan civilians under siege by Col. Moammar Gadhafi's forces, a military spokesman said Wednesday, making it the first NATO country to announce it has armed rebel fighters.
With the Obama administration offering a last-minute endorsement, French Finance Minister Christine Lagarde Tuesday became the first woman to lead the International Monetary Fund.
Give Uncle Toni credit for honesty.
French Finance Minister Christine Lagarde has been chosen to lead the International Monetary Fund. She will become the first female managing director of the global lending organization.
Google faces a new, multimillion-dollar challenge in Europe after a French Internet company filed a lawsuit Tuesday saying the search engine giant unfairly squeezed out competitors in France.
After three of the biggest names in women's tennis were sent home early, the big four in the men's game kept on rolling in their chase for the Wimbledon title.