- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Frances Mcdormand
"Promised Land" offers an experience that's alternately amusing and frustrating, full of impassioned earnestness as well as saggy sections.
The top 10 films of 2012, according to AP Movie Critic Christy Lemire:
Ask folks in Fargo what they first thought about the 1996 movie that made their city famous, and some will tell you they were not fans.
The story of a Wes Anderson movie is drawn from real life, or something like it, but at no time does anything resembling reality actually intrude.
They protect Earth from the dastardly aliens who roam among us, but Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones can only manage mediocre reviews from critics in "Men in Black 3."
The contradiction inherent to all Wes Anderson films _ the juxtaposition of the meticulous artificiality of the settings and the passionately wistful emotions that are longing to burst free _ is at its most effective in a while in "Moonrise Kingdom."
In Wes Anderson's "Moonrise Kingdom," the famously meticulous director takes his fastidiously fashioned world and flings it into the woods.
Films featuring Sean Penn, Frances McDormand, Paul Giamatti, Jesse Eisenberg, Tracy Morgan and Melissa Leo are among late additions to next month's Sundance Film Festival.
Shia LaBeouf's days of battling the Decepticons look to be over, with the Transformers star saying he has nothing more to offer after three films playing kid-next-door Sam Witwicky.
List of winners for the 2011 American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards, announced Sunday.
The profane and hysterical "The Book of Mormon" pulled ahead of the pack at the Tony Awards on Sunday, snagging honors for best book, best direction of a musical, best score, best featured actress and four technical awards.
Frances McDormand has won the Tony Award for best leading actress in a play.
Partial list of winners for the 2011 American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards, announced Sunday.
Drug addiction, religion, the Iraq war, class warfare and marital sacrifice - it's been a grim season on Broadway. But not for the playwrights.
"Tyler Perry, whose new movie opens today, is an American original who fought his way to significance from the margins."