- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Francesca Schiavone Items
Fourth-seeded Francesca Schiavone of Italy lost to Barbora Zahlavova Strycova of the Czech Republic 4-6, 6-1, 5-7 in the first round of the Brazil Cup on Monday, extending her winless streak to six matches this year.
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Fresh from three weeks off the tennis court during her offseason and a win last week in China, Li Na is back at one of her favorite tournaments with a slightly revamped game looking to add a second career Grand Slam singles title.
There was a turn-back-the-clock feel to Day 1 at the 2013 U.S. Open, when both sisters were about as good as can be, dropping a combined four games in Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Sloane Stephens raised her eyebrows and with a sly smile didn't hesitate in answering the question of whether this American teenager is tennis' next superstar.
Former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone and Flavia Pennetta will lead Italy in the Fed Cup semifinals against defending champion Czech Republic.
Grand Slam champions Samantha Stosur and Francesca Schiavone will meet in the first round of the Sydney International _ a rematch of their 2010 French Open final won by Schiavone.
Li Na's Chinese colleagues on the WTA tour say her French Open title will bring an influx of new players from the Asian country and could have a major impact on the sport.
Li Na's landmark French Open victory sparked celebrations and recognition throughout Asia on Sunday, while China's state media told its athletes to learn from her as they prepare for the London Olympics.
China's long wait for a Grand Slam champion ended Saturday when Li Na beat Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 7-6 (0) in the French Open final.