- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
Latest Francesca Schiavone Items
Fourth-seeded Francesca Schiavone of Italy lost to Barbora Zahlavova Strycova of the Czech Republic 4-6, 6-1, 5-7 in the first round of the Brazil Cup on Monday, extending her winless streak to six matches this year.
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Fresh from three weeks off the tennis court during her offseason and a win last week in China, Li Na is back at one of her favorite tournaments with a slightly revamped game looking to add a second career Grand Slam singles title.
There was a turn-back-the-clock feel to Day 1 at the 2013 U.S. Open, when both sisters were about as good as can be, dropping a combined four games in Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Sloane Stephens raised her eyebrows and with a sly smile didn't hesitate in answering the question of whether this American teenager is tennis' next superstar.
Former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone and Flavia Pennetta will lead Italy in the Fed Cup semifinals against defending champion Czech Republic.
Grand Slam champions Samantha Stosur and Francesca Schiavone will meet in the first round of the Sydney International _ a rematch of their 2010 French Open final won by Schiavone.
Li Na's Chinese colleagues on the WTA tour say her French Open title will bring an influx of new players from the Asian country and could have a major impact on the sport.
Li Na's landmark French Open victory sparked celebrations and recognition throughout Asia on Sunday, while China's state media told its athletes to learn from her as they prepare for the London Olympics.
China's long wait for a Grand Slam champion ended Saturday when Li Na beat Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 7-6 (0) in the French Open final.