- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Latest Francesca Schiavone Items
Fourth-seeded Francesca Schiavone of Italy lost to Barbora Zahlavova Strycova of the Czech Republic 4-6, 6-1, 5-7 in the first round of the Brazil Cup on Monday, extending her winless streak to six matches this year.
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Fresh from three weeks off the tennis court during her offseason and a win last week in China, Li Na is back at one of her favorite tournaments with a slightly revamped game looking to add a second career Grand Slam singles title.
There was a turn-back-the-clock feel to Day 1 at the 2013 U.S. Open, when both sisters were about as good as can be, dropping a combined four games in Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Sloane Stephens raised her eyebrows and with a sly smile didn't hesitate in answering the question of whether this American teenager is tennis' next superstar.
Former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone and Flavia Pennetta will lead Italy in the Fed Cup semifinals against defending champion Czech Republic.
Grand Slam champions Samantha Stosur and Francesca Schiavone will meet in the first round of the Sydney International _ a rematch of their 2010 French Open final won by Schiavone.
Li Na's Chinese colleagues on the WTA tour say her French Open title will bring an influx of new players from the Asian country and could have a major impact on the sport.
Li Na's landmark French Open victory sparked celebrations and recognition throughout Asia on Sunday, while China's state media told its athletes to learn from her as they prepare for the London Olympics.
China's long wait for a Grand Slam champion ended Saturday when Li Na beat Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 7-6 (0) in the French Open final.