- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Francis Items
Pope Francis, in a blistering attack on capitalism, said followers of the faith ought to bolster their charitable outreach and dampen their materialist pursuits. He made his comments while visiting a food kitchen on Tuesday.
Pope Francis in remarks at the chapel of St. Martha's House said gossip is a sin, a slap in the face of Jesus, and those who claim to be followers of the faith should stop being "nosy" and mind their own business.
Proclaiming the first saints of his pontificate, Pope Francis on Sunday canonized 813 Italians who were slain by Turkish soldiers in a 15th-century siege.
Pope Francis said to a crowd of 800 nuns at the Vatican on Wednesday: Be obedient to the church, be spiritual "mothers" — but don't be "spinsters."
For the first time in history, the Vatican will host two popes.
Pope Francis is set to canonize an estimated 800 Italians, who were forced to choose between Islam or death during a 15-century siege by Ottoman soldiers.
Pope Francis marked the feast of Saint Joseph the Worker by preaching that men should be served by their work, not the other way around.
Two well-known bishops in Syria who had issued repeated warnings to church and political officials about the nation's religious intolerance were kidnapped Monday by armed rebel fighters in Aleppo.
Banning guns builds a "culture of life" and lawmakers must consider more clampdowns, not less, said one Catholic Church bishop in California in a written petition to U.S. senators.