- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Francis Items
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' election of a middle-of-the-road candidate to replace Cardinal Timothy Dolan as president is being seen as a signal that American bishops are moving toward the more conciliatory policies of Pope Francis — though the new president himself said the fight against abortion will continue.
The Vatican ambassador to the United States told American bishops on Monday that they should make Roman Catholics feel more at home in the church.
Pope Francis is leading an effort to aid the Philippines, which has recently gone into a state of national calamity following Typhoon Haiyan.
Pope Francis is going to meet with President Vladimir Putin in hopes of bolstering relations and tamping down accusations that the Catholic Church proselytizes in Russia.
A photograph of Pope Francis laying tender hands on the head of a man with horrific disfigurations has gone viral — and no wonder: To many, the shot is the epitome of what some regard as true Christianity and the display of grace, humility, compassion and the like.
Pope Francis has sent out a survey for Catholic families, seeking their input, insights and modern-day beliefs about a range of topics, including same-sex marriage and divorce.
Illinois all but became the 15th state to enact gay marriage Tuesday as lawmakers passed the bill with only one vote to spare in the lower chamber, sending the bill to a governor eager to sign it.
Hope and change has been replaced by presto change-o. While Obamacare creaks toward commercial viability, its patron saint is busy with fast patter and some appealing parlor tricks. President Obama is talking about many things besides health care and flying around on Air Force One this week — a tried and true method to distract the public during difficult moments.
A new report from Italy has accused the United States of wiretapping the future Pope Francis and eavesdropping on cardinals and other Catholic Church officials in the Vatican.