- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Franck Ribéry
France coach Didier Deschamps is putting the finishing touches on his World Cup squad with two new call-ups looking to make their debuts against the Netherlands.
Bayern Munich returns to London for the first time since winning its fifth Champions League title at Wembley last May to take on Arsenal in the round-of-16 on Wednesday.
Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has been ruled out of the Bundesliga derby at Nuremberg on Saturday after undergoing surgery on a burst blood vessel in his buttock.
Bayern Munich defeated Eintracht Frankfurt 5-0 to restore its 13-point advantage in the Bundesliga on Sunday, while Nuremberg climbed out of the relegation zone by beating Hertha Berlin.
Cristiano Ronaldo celebrated his Ballon d'Or triumph by scoring from one of his trademark free kicks as Real Madrid beat Osasuna 2-0 on Wednesday to reach the Copa del Rey quarterfinals on Wednesday.
Back in Spain and celebrating his Ballon d'Or triumph with his Real Madrid teammates, Cristiano Ronaldo is already being asked to do better.
Cristiano Ronaldo is heavily favored to end Lionel Messi's four-year reign as the world's best soccer player at the FIFA Ballon d'Or gala on Monday.
Bayern Munich received 166 points out of a possible 170 to top this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
The irrepressible Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick as Portugal qualified for the 2014 World Cup finals at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden on Tuesday, while France advanced by conjuring a remarkable turnaround against Ukraine.
Greece and Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal finished second in their groups, winding up in next months' eight-team European playoffs that will determine four more berths.
Liverpool is first in England and this week's Associated Press global soccer poll, while Lionel Messi tops the player rankings after his first-half hat-trick for Barcelona.
Robben's 89th-minute goal lifted Munich to the title after losing out in the final two of the previous three years.
Chelsea surged to the top of the weekly Associated Press global soccer poll after winning the Europa League and qualifying for the Champions League for the 11th straight season.
Frank Lampard earned the top spot in the weekly Associated Press global soccer poll for the first time after setting Chelsea's career goals record.
After a long and taxing season, he said the team will muster every last bit of energy to win.