- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Latest Franco Zeffirelli Items
"Song of Bernadette," "The Passion of Joan of Arc" and "Passion of The Christ" are just a few of the films worth watching during the Easter season.
Feb. 10: Actor Robert Wagner is 83. Guitarist Don Wilson of The Ventures is 80. Singer Roberta Flack is 76. Singer Jimmy Merchant of Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers is 73. Bassist Bob Spalding of The Ventures is 66. Keyboardist Cory Lerios of Pablo Cruise is 62. Country singer Lionel Cartwright is 53. Actress Laura Dern is 46. Country singer Dude Mowrey is 41. Actress Elizabeth Banks ("Scrubs") is 39. Singer Eric Dill (The Click Five) is 31. Keyboardist Ben Romans of The Click Five is 31. Actress Emma Roberts is 22. Actress Makenzie Vega ("The Good Wife") is 19. Actress Chloe Grace Moretz ("Hugo," "Kick-Ass") is 16.
It has been more than a half-century since the Metropolitan Opera debuted a successful staging of Mozart's "Don Giovanni." The wait continues.
La Scala will open its next season with Mozart's "Don Giovanni," which will be conducted by Daniel Barenboim, feature a new production by Canadian director Robert Carsen and mark the return of once-spurned tenor Giuseppe Filianoti.
Screenwriter Suso Cecchi D'Amico, who emerged from the male-dominated post-war Italian cinema to become a celebrated artist and contribute to such milestones as "Bicycle Thieves" and "The Leopard," died Saturday at age 96.