- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
Latest Frank Beamer Items
Former Texas Tech quarterback Michael Brewer says he will transfer to Virginia Tech, where he can compete to replace Logan Thomas.
Whit Babcock is fulfilling a lifelong dream by becoming the athletic director at Virginia Tech.
Virginia Tech has hired Stacy Searels to be its offensive line coach.
Virginia Tech (8-4, 5-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) played its first postseason game in the 1947 Sun Bowl, losing to Cincinnati. This will be the Hokies' 21st consecutive bowl appearance under coach Frank Beamer.
In the aftermath of the Hokies' 10th consecutive win in a series that dates back to the 19th century, the Cavaliers were grasping at straws to explain how the rivalry has become so lopsided.
Trey Edmunds took a short pass 26 yards for a first-half touchdown and Eric Kristensen kicked three field goals as Virginia Tech beat Virginia for the 10th consecutive time, 16-6, on Saturday night.
The kicker earlier was suspended for Virginia Tech's Sept. 21 game against Marshall for an unspecified violation of team rules. Journell pleaded guilty in May 2012 to misdemeanor trespassing. He was suspended from the team for seven months and missed Virginia Tech's 2012 Sugar Bowl appearance.
Trey Edmunds had scoring runs of 10, 2, 4 and 1 yards for the Hokies (7-3, 4-2 ACC). Logan Thomas completed 25 of 31 passes for 366 yards, giving him consecutive games of 300 yards or more for the first time in his Virginia Tech career, and the Hokies dominated in all sorts of categories.
Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas completed 24 of 41 passes for 391 yards and two TDs, but was picked off twice and fumbled twice, leading to 17 of Boston College's points.