- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Latest Frank Beamer Items
The locker room seemed curiously quiet after a game whose outcome was never in doubt. But in many ways, Virginia Tech's 30-10 win at Marshall on Saturday fell short of satisfying the Hokies, as they realize how much better they must play in this week's ACC opener against Clemson.
A few hours before kickoff, Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer will take a detour to a cemetery in Huntington, W.Va., where he'll pay his respects at a memorial for the 75 Marshall players, coaches and others killed in a 1970 plane crash, the worst disaster in U.S. sports history.
Whenever Syracuse and Pittsburgh join the ACC as the league's 13th and 14th members -- a decision announced Sunday -- Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer knows there is a good chance he will have to make at least one more trip to Syracuse's Carrier Dome before he retires.
Three days after securing a share of the lead heading into NASCAR's playoffs, Kevin Harvick paid a visit to Virginia Tech and avid stock car fan Frank Beamer.
The growing pains were bound to arrive at some point for Virginia Tech and its new starting quarterback. Such is life for most teams who hand over their offense to a sophomore with 26 career attempts.
Another wild ending and another Auburn victory.
For the better part of two decades, the backbone of Virginia Tech's football program was defense. Appropriately enough, that unit ensured Frank Beamer earned his 200th victory at his alma mater.
Previewing Saturday's Virginia Tech-East Carolina, Virginia-Indiana, Navy-Western Kentucky college football games.