- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
Latest Frank Beamer Items
Virginia Tech on Tuesday announced the terms of football coach Frank Beamer's four-year contract extension, and also an eight-year stint as a special assistant to the athletic director that Beamer believes will prevent awkwardness at the end of his coaching career.
The charter bus chugged down Airport Road on Saturday morning, with fans walking next to it on both sides and empty Lane Stadium looming across a parking lot. Virginia Tech sophomore quarterback Logan Thomas looked out the bus windows and thought this had to be the best view in the world.
Somewhere at his house, probably stuffed in a box, Mike O’Cain has a playbook for the 1981 Murray State football team. O’Cain was 27 years old and four years removed from graduation day at Clemson when he pulled on his headsets and called plays for the first time that season.
Dave Braine walked into Burruss Hall that Monday morning ready to lobby for a football coach who had few allies. It was a decision Braine knew could end up costing him his own job. Two days earlier, Virginia Tech finished the 1992 season 2-8-1 by losing to rival Virginia for the fifth time in six chances under Frank Beamer.
Jarrett Boykin's name doesn't float to the top of many discussions about the nation's top wideouts.
The first time Antoine and Derrick Hopkins played on the same team, they ran around, mostly aimlessly, with a Richmond-area YMCA basketball squad nicknamed the Bulls. Antoine was about 7 or 8 years old, Derrick 5 or 6.
Back when two-a-days were the norm for college football players preparing for the upcoming season, Bob Stoops had a solution.
Shane Beamer hopes his return to Virginia Tech will help him make amends for history.
A former University of Georgia head football coach has settled a legal dispute with a bankrupt liquidation company that accused him of recruiting other high-profile coaches to invest in a Ponzi scheme, according to federal court documents filed this week.