- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Frank Beamer Items
Virginia Tech has relied on its deep and talented defensive front to turn opposing offensive lines from dams to spillways. It has been the vanguard for a defense that ranks second nationally in total yards allowed (190.7 per game), tackles for loss (29), passing yards allowed (106.3 per game) and interceptions (seven).
The Hokies beat East Carolina 15-10 on Saturday with a defense that sacked Shane Carden seven times and never let the Pirates' pass-heavy spread offense run at full speed.
As Saturday's expected 45-3 demolition of Western Carolina unfolded, the question that has haunted the Hokies remained without a definite answer: Is Virginia Tech ready to contend again?
The Tide had just 97 yards total offense at halftime but were up 28-10. AJ McCarron & Co. contributed only one of those TDs, and that came when they worked with a short field after a wobbly Virginia Tech punt.
Virginia Tech's senior quarterback Logan Thomas is back in Blacksburg to restore a program's tarnished image. He's back because he, too, needs a little polish. Most of all, he is back because the honorable thing to do is finish what he started.
The ACC does have one more lineup change scheduled for next year, when Maryland leaves for the Big Ten and Louisville joins.
The Atlantic Coast Conference's plan to expand, revealed in 2010 and modified along the way, has come to fruition.
The Atlantic Coast Conference is now a 15-team league _ and it might just stay that way for a while.
Thomas threw three interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns, and the White team beat the Orange team 27-9 Saturday.