- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
Latest Frank Beamer Items
A trip to Florida hasn't moved the Virginia Tech football program away from rumors that changes will be made to the coaching staff after this week's bowl game.
Logan Thomas didn't live up to expectations during his junior season Virginia Tech's football team, but that hasn't squelched chatter that the Hokies' quarterback might leave school early for the NFL.
Miami chose to stay home, self-imposing a bowl ban for the second straight year in the hopes of staving off more drastic punishments later on.
Logan Thomas threw for two touchdowns — the second a 7-yarder to Randall Dunn in overtime — and ran for another score to help Virginia Tech keep its bowl hopes alive with a 30-23 comeback win over Boston College on Saturday.
By his own admission, Virginia Tech football coach Frank Beamer can't pinpoint one primary weakness that has held back the Hokies' sputtering offense this season.
Stephen Morris threw for two early touchdowns, both set up by Virginia Tech special-teams miscues, and Miami took a step forward in the chase for the ACC's Coastal Division title by beating the Hokies 30-12 on Thursday night.
Each time Virginia Tech had a chance to build momentum and take control, Clemson was there to swipe it away.
When Virginia Tech deputy director of football operations Bruce Garnes wants to high-five diminutive Hokies tailback J.C. Coleman, Garnes gets down on one knee.
Excuse Big East commissioner Mike Aresco if he's feeling a bit giddy this week. When the dust settled after weekend play, he still had three undefeated teams ranked in the AP Top 25.