- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Frank Beamer Items
Stephen Morris threw for two early touchdowns, both set up by Virginia Tech special-teams miscues, and Miami took a step forward in the chase for the ACC's Coastal Division title by beating the Hokies 30-12 on Thursday night.
Each time Virginia Tech had a chance to build momentum and take control, Clemson was there to swipe it away.
When Virginia Tech deputy director of football operations Bruce Garnes wants to high-five diminutive Hokies tailback J.C. Coleman, Garnes gets down on one knee.
Excuse Big East commissioner Mike Aresco if he's feeling a bit giddy this week. When the dust settled after weekend play, he still had three undefeated teams ranked in the AP Top 25.
College football coaches set aside time each week to meet with the TV announcers broadcasting their game.
Vinston Painter can feel the eyes of past generations staring down on him and his Virginia Tech football teammates. A 3-3 start stunningly has put the Hokies' streak of eight consecutive 10-win seasons and 19 straight bowl games in jeopardy.
After seeing his defense get uncharacteristically abused by North Carolina on Saturday, Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster offered a simple solution for the Hokies' woes.
Well, there's always the Atlantic Coast Conference for Virginia Tech.
Virginia Tech linebacker Jack Tyler grew up cheering for the Washington Redskins. He regularly wears a burgundy Redskins T-shirt under his practice gear.