- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Frank Gore Items
Jim Harbaugh's San Francisco 49ers sure have a knack for leaving tough losses behind.
NFC Worst? Not anymore.
Vince Lombardi, not to mention Woody Hayes, would love what the 49ers, Patriots, Texans, Chiefs and Giants have been doing recently. It might be longer than three yards and a cloud of dust, but those teams have run to daylight enough to make the ground game viable in the NFL again.
The San Francisco 49ers are everything Rex Ryan wishes his New York Jets were.
Christian Ponder didn't flinch, even against that swarming San Francisco defense. Minnesota's quarterback has come a long way from his rough rookie season.
Alex Smith had rallied his team for a late victory against the Lions last fall at Ford Field, and had no intention of cutting it close this time on his home turf.
Alex Smith threw a 21-yard touchdown pass to Vernon Davis, Frank Gore ran for 93 yards and a score and the San Francisco 49ers took a 17-9 lead over the Detroit Lions through three quarters Sunday night.
Alex Smith threw a 21-yard touchdown pass to Vernon Davis, Frank Gore ran for 62 yards and a score and the San Francisco 49ers took a 14-6 halftime lead over the Detroit Lions on Sunday night.
With the arrival of Randy Moss and a few other additions in the offseason, quarterback Alex Smith knew the San Francisco 49ers were serious about beefing up their passing game.