- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
Latest Frank Thomas Items
The first time Frank Thomas visited the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, he felt out of place.
Just in time for his entry into the Hall of Fame, Frank Thomas is moving up to the broadcasting big leagues.
Greg Maddux and Tony La Russa will not have logos on their Hall of Fame plaques.
Plaques for Tom Glavine and Bobby Cox will have Atlanta Braves logos, and Frank Thomas' will have the logo of the Chicago White Sox.
NEW YORK (AP) — The Hall of Fame says it's up to baseball writers to propose any changes in the selection process.
NEW YORK (AP) — Hall of Fame voters made up for last year's empty slate, electing Greg Maddux, Frank Thomas and Tom Glavine — three stars who've never been connected to performance-enhancing drugs.
The trio will join veterans committee selections Bobby Cox, Joe Torre and Tony La Russa at the induction ceremonies next July, making for a jam-packed program a year after Cooperstown welcomed a class with no living inductees.
NEW YORK (AP) — Baseball writers could elect a quartet of players to the Hall of Fame for the first time in more than a half-century.
CHICAGO (AP) — Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel are cheering the election of Greg Maddux and Frank Thomas to the Baseball Hall of Fame.