- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Fred
Neymar scored his third goal in three matches and Fred added two others as Brazil showed commanding form to defeat Italy 4-2 and finish top of Group A of the Confederations Cup on Saturday.
The sun beat down on the field at Space Coast Stadium one day this spring as Washington Nationals manager Davey Johnson approached his second baseman. Danny Espinosa was busy doing infield work during batting practice, fielding ground balls and practicing his footwork.
A former "Melrose Place" actress charged in a fatal auto accident two years ago was being chased by another driver, her attorney told jurors on the first day of her manslaughter trial Thursday.
When a house set in the woods in Reston was beset by several varieties of woodpeckers, the owners knew that in spite of their love of the birds, they would have to repair the damage the birds had inflicted on their cedar trim and siding.
With its scent of sex, booze and despair, James M. Cain's "Mommy's a Barfly" should seem familiar to fans of the crime writer.
As author Kathleen Riley makes clear in her well-researched and captivating dual biogra- phy, the book's title may say "Fred & Adele," but it is Adele Astaire's name that should come first.
As the first half of the 2011 MLS season unfolded, it became clear that D.C. United needed to fill voids on their roster if the club wanted to emerge from the middle of the Eastern Conference pack and contend for an MLS Cup.
Barack Obama wants everybody to grow up and sit down to devise a sensible Democratic budget. If only. He remembers pumping gas and suggests anybody who doesn't like paying $4 a gallon for gasoline turn in the old guzzler and buy something new.
D.C. United have reacquired Brazilian midfielder Fred in a trade with the New England Revolution.
Freddie Freeman didn't make the same splash as Jason Heyward in his big league debut.
After three intense games in just eight days in the inaugural SuperLiga tournament, D.C. United returns to MLS business today at the New England Revolution.
Luciano Emilio seems to have rediscovered his scoring touch. Last night, he added a new celebration for it.
goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon could only watch, and Fred added to the lead from inside the area in the 66th before
"I'm in favor of the protests as long as they are peaceful," Brazil striker Fred said on Facebook. "I'm very proud to see the people fighting to improve public transportation, health services and so many other things."