- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Freedom Items
President Obama may have just pushed for quick congressional action for a ban on workplace discrimination against members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, but not all LGBT activists are enamored with his action.
Some Republicans are accusing the party's neoconservative hawks of playing dirty pool in an attempt to smear Sen. Rand Paul as a bigot for having an aide who once expressed admiration for Lincoln assassin John Wilkes Booth.
Gay rights advocates won another victory Wednesday after a Senate panel approved a bill that would prohibit employers from discriminating against workers on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Dr. Ben Carson is retiring from neurosurgery on the 36th anniversary of the beginning of his historic career. Joining Johns Hopkins Hospital on July 1, Dr. Carson rose from adult neurosurgery resident to become director of pediatric neurosurgery. Along the way, he pioneered many innovative procedures and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his efforts. I spoke with the good doctor recently about his career and plans.
On the eve of Operation Iraqi Freedom, the commanding general of the 1st Marine Division distributed a one-page "Message to All Hands." It was a succinct warning to those going into battle about what to expect from the enemy and his expectations for them.
For years, foes of same-sex marriage had a potent talking point: They'd won every time the issue went to a popular vote. That winning streak has now been shattered in a multistate electoral sweep by gay-marriage supporters — a historic tipping point likely to influence other states and possibly even the Supreme Court.
President Obama, whose re-election is counting on support from women and young voters, encouraged graduating students from a women's college in New York to aim high and persevere through life's many challenges, imploring them to demand a seat at the table and work hard to attain it.
Praising him as “one of our nation's finest public servants,” President Obama honored retiring Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates on Thursday with the Medal of Freedom for his service to eight presidents, most recently overseeing two wars for more than four years at the helm of the Pentagon.
An advocacy group says Anne Hathaway, Martin Sheen and Jane Lynch are among a group of actors, athletes and business leaders urging President Barack Obama to support marriage rights for same-sex couples.