- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Latest Freemasonry Items
Adaptive reuse is one of the mantras of sustainability. At the Residences at St. Monica's on Capitol Hill, Community Three has taken the unusual step of adapting a former church into a distinctive boutique condominium cluster with nine homes.
Craftmark Homes is building more than 70 single-family homes on 17,945-square-foot sites at Oak Creek in Upper Marlboro, a gated country-club community with a golf course, a swimming pool, a clubhouse, tennis courts, a lake and walking trails. Parks and shopping centers are nearby.
Chimneys and walls crumbled to the ground, roads cracked in half and residents were knocked off their feet as a powerful magnitude-7.1 earthquake rocked New Zealand's South Island early Saturday. The prime minister said it was a miracle no one was killed.
Floating wetlands, porous asphalt and living walls are some of the ideas that universities, federal laboratories and private companies are developing to restore the Chesapeake Bay.
Estate homes may be a somewhat common sight in McLean, Va., where residents often enjoy an extravagant lifestyle within easy commuting distance of downtown Washington. But even the most blase visitor to McLean would have to be impressed by the idea of a homeowner enjoying a private putting green.
ICA, Peru (AP) — Rescuers struggled across a shattered countryside today to reach victims of a magnitude-8.0 earthquake that killed at least 355 people. More than 1,500 people were reported injured and the Red Cross said the toll was expected to rise.
TUPELO, Miss. (AP) — A curious monkey who somehow managed to free himself from his pen in the Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo and was on the lam for days was recaptured Monday.
he historic Georgetown mansion at Tudor Place looks like a skinned cat these days.