- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - French Foreign Legion
On May 30, Army Brig. Gen. Kimberly Field announced the formation of a new "rapid response force" to be established at Camp Lemonnier in the East African nation of Djibouti.
Burned-out vehicles and scattered bullets dotted the streets of a central Malian town after radical Islamists retreated following days of French airstrikes, according to video obtained Sunday.
Rebel forces and armed civilians are rounding up thousands of black Libyans and migrants from sub-Sahara Africa, accusing them of fighting for ousted strongman Moammar Gadhafi and holding them in makeshift jails across the capital.
French President Nicolas Sarkozy marked the 70th anniversary of Charles de Gaulle's defiant World War II broadcast from London on Friday, visiting resistance sites and pledging to use historic ties with Britain to tackle modern challenges.