- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
G. Wayne Clough
Latest G. Wayne Clough Items
A heart doctor and Ivy League university president who also plays the saxophone and flute was named the next leader of the Smithsonian Institution on Monday, combining his love of the arts and sciences at the world's largest museum and research complex.
Financial pressures have forced the Smithsonian Institution to rethink plans to reopen one of the oldest buildings on the National Mall this year as an innovation pavilion, leaving the site's future in question.
Space shuttles Discovery and Enterprise stood nose to nose during a stirring ceremony at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on Thursday.
Museum experts are weighing in on a censorship controversy at the Smithsonian Institution and what it means for publicly funded museums at a time when arts funding has been targeted for deep budget cuts.
An art group is protesting outside the Smithsonian Institution over the removal of a gay artist's video that depicted ants crawling on a crucifix.
The Smithsonian Institution's governing board on Monday called for changes in how potentially objectionable exhibits are handled while also standing behind the head of the museum complex amid accusations of censorship.