- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Gabe Carimi
The Atlanta Falcons have signed former offensive lineman Gabe Carimi.
Needing offensive line help after seeing quarterback Jay Cutler beaten up by the Green Bay Packers in the NFC championship game, the Chicago Bears went behind enemy lines for help.
The Chicago Bears have picked Outland Trophy-winning tackle Gabe Carimi with the 29th overall pick in the NFL draft.
Wisconsin offensive lineman Gabe Carimi didn't back down from his recent boast that he's the best tackle prospect in the NFL draft.
Immediately after the Rose Bowl ended, Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema said he didn't see anything that would set the program back heading into next season.
Wisconsin offensive tackle Gabe Carimi has won the Outland Trophy as the nation's best interior lineman.
"It's not enemy lines over here if you look at my house," Carimi said. "I'd say we converted about 100 Packer fans to Bears fans _ where they should be now."
"I cannot wait to play for Mike Tice," Carimi said. "I think he's a great coach and one of the best coaches in the National Football League and I'm just excited to play for him."