- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Gabe Klein Items
How is it that New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg is taking part in our election to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. by touting one of the candidates ("Bloomberg to dump $2M into Chicago race to defeat gun advocate Halvorson," Web, Sunday)? This is just more New York influence, like the ineffective police chief Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has hired, who is being hamstrung by the gangs of Chicago, or New Yorker Gabe Klein showing Mr. Emanuel how to cause gridlock by installing bike lanes on our busiest thoroughfares.
Getting home from the holidays is going to be tricky in the Washington area, and no one's making any promises for clear sailing for Monday's back-to-work commute, either.
In the first major personnel moves since his election, D.C. Mayor-elect Vincent C. Gray announced on Wednesday two top nominees who he said will "serve as the cornerstone" of his administration.