- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Latest Gail Collins Items
I think what's generally expected of a seventh-generation Texan, not to mention a Rick Perry voter, reviewing a New York writer's put-down of his homeland is some high-class fuming and frothing. I close Gail Collins' cantankerous book in unaccountably good temper.
Public figures have little control over how they are remembered. Herbert Hoover did not expect to be forever linked to the Great Depression. Richard Nixon never expected to be known as the only president to resign his office.