- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
Latest Gallaudet University Items
Andrew Allen was heading out to a Northeast D.C. nightclub in the heart of a rival gang's turf, so on the night of March 10 he made sure to pack heat — putting two semi-automatic guns with high-capacity magazines in his car. His paranoia proved prophetic. Mr. Allen got into a fight with members of the gang and left the club in a rage, hoping to seek revenge, according to court documents.
"Until hearing people walk a day in our shoes, they will never understand," says a guidance counselor at a high school for deaf students in "Switched at Birth."
The nation's leading university for the deaf and hard of hearing has reinstated its chief diversity officer, who was suspended for three months after signing a petition circulated by opponents of gay marriage in Maryland.
D.C. police are investigating a fiery taxi cab crash that left one man dead Wednesday night in Northeast D.C.
One man was fatally shot in Prince George's County on Wednesday night and another man was injured in a shooting in Northeast D.C., police said.
A fire has torn through a wholesale warehouse in northeast Washington near Gallaudet University.
Maryland voters will have the opportunity in November to vote for or against homosexual "marriage." A vote for Question 6 is a vote to affirm the Maryland General Assembly's narrow vote to legalize homosexual "marriage," while a vote against Question 6 is a vote to keep the traditional definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
Sparing the rod does more than spoil the child.
An 18-year-old D.C. man let the battery drain on his court-ordered GPS tracking device in order to elude authorities before fatally shooting a man near Gallaudet University less than an hour later, police said.