- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Mad dash for Nome: Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Gallery Pl-Chinatown
Gallery Place–Chinatown is a Washington Metro station in Washington, D.C., on the Green, Red and Yellow Lines. It is a transfer station between the Red Line on the upper level and the other two lines on the lower level. - Source: Wikipedia
The Metropolitan Police Department is moving a liaison unit that works with the city's Asian community from its longtime home in Chinatown, a quiet change that ignited fears the police chief plans to tinker with another specialized crew despite vows that little will change except where the officers store their gear.
D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray on Monday presented his first-ever Mayor's Medal of Honor to Leonard "Leo" Johnson, a security guard who was shot in the arm while thwarting a gunman who entered a conservative think tank near Gallery Place in August.
One of the many pleasures of urban living is the ability to walk to work, restaurants, nightlife, cultural activities, sporting events and to visit friends. Few locations in the District are as close to a variety of hot neighborhoods as the new condominiums at the Standard Eleven on M Street Northwest between 11th and 12th streets.
The D.C. Council will consider a bill Tuesday that clears the way for breath testing by police, a critical component of drunken-driving cases that has been dormant for more than two years.
Gray meets with disgruntled supporters, Metro considers simplifying signs, Ehrlich discusses life after Maryland, YouTube video raises questions about Metro Transit Police, Good month for McDonnell, Brown takes on budget
Testimony from Mayor Vincent C. Gray before a U.S. House oversight committee Thursday produced a glimmer of hope for D.C. budget autonomy and portrayed the city as staid and responsible.
Welcome to Washington, one of the most exciting and beautiful cities in the world. America's Federal City is the seat of government as well as a city of monuments and memorials.