- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Gaming Control Board
A gaming control board (GCB), also called by various names including gambling control board, casino control board, gambling board, and gaming commission) is a government agency charged with regulating casino and other types of gaming in a defined geographical area, usually a state, and of enforcing gaming law in general. The official name of this regulatory body varies among jurisdictions. - Source: Wikipedia
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
Lady luck favored Nevada gamblers in January, as casinos statewide posted a 2.8 percent drop in gambling revenue compared with the same month a year earlier, the state reported Friday.
A Reno casino has agreed to pay a $1 million fine for allowing an employee to use a special key to gather proprietary information about other casinos' slot machines.
Pennsylvania Treasurer Rob McCord went to court four years ago to gain access to closed-door meetings of the state Gaming Control Board, but now he's promising not to participate in the board's private discussions about a second Philadelphia casino.
Pennsylvania casino regulators are blaming bad winter weather for a big drop in revenue from slot machines.
Gamblers wagered a record $119.4 million at Nevada casinos on the Super Bowl, allowing sportsbooks to reap an unprecedented profit as the betting public lost out in Seattle's rout of the Peyton Manning-led Denver Broncos.
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A compromise has been reached between Michigan gambling regulators and a state lawmaker on the expansion of charity poker games throughout the state.
Annual revenue from Pennsylvania slot machines has dipped for the first time since the state's first casino opened in 2006, reflecting increased competition from border states, state regulators said Friday.
Casino regulators are investigating whether the 19-year-old daughter of late pop singer Whitney Houston gambled at a Las Vegas Strip resort.
Sports fans bet $93.9 million at Nevada casinos on Sunday's Super Bowl matchup between the New York Giants and New England Patriots, the most wagered in the past decade.