- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
Latest Garden Television Items
"Union Station is the perfect place to celebrate preservation," said first lady Laura Bush at the Restore America gala Tuesday night. As trains rumbled beneath the restored train terminal's East Hall, Mrs. Bush stood before a gathering of 356 preservationists to accept one of five "hero" awards from the National Trust for Historic Preservation and Home and Garden Television (HGTV).