- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Gareth Neame
L.A. Reid is leaving "The X Factor."
Oscar-winning actress Shirley MacLaine is joining Britain's popular television series "Downton Abbey."
"There's been so much speculation about this cast," Mr. Neame told The Hollywood Reporter, reacting to the shows's latest accolades. "The thing with the show is, because we don't make a long run — we shoot about 11 hours of TV a year — our actors have the opportunity to go and do other work."
"It's unrealistic to have one audience watch the show and [the other] wait until January," he said. "With access to content, a lot of people are not going to wait. ... I think PBS is wonderful and very supportive, but they're perhaps not the most swift to change."