- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Gary Locke Items
China on Thursday strongly condemned a $5.85 billion U.S. deal to upgrade Taiwan's fleet of F-16 fighter jets, summoning the American ambassador and warning the move will undermine warming military relations.
Taiwanese officials are wondering why the United Nations continues to ignore their prosperous, stable democracy while U.N. diplomats promote statehood for the Palestinians - a squabbling, divided entity aligned with a terrorist organization.
China's military is unique in many ways, but one of its most bizarre features is this demographic: More than 80 percent of current combat troops were born to one-child families, according to a study by Senior Col. Liu Mingfu of China's National Defense University.
A photo of the new U.S. ambassador to China carrying his own backpack and ordering his own coffee at an airport has charmed Chinese citizens not used to such frugality from their officials.
The new American ambassador to China tried to calm Beijing's anxiety over its massive U.S. debt holdings, insisting on Sunday the investment is safe despite the U.S. economic crisis.
The Obama administration is challenging Alabama's new immigration law that allows police to detain people they suspect of being illegal immigrants after a traffic stop.
"The economy isn't growing as fast as it needs to." That's Commerce Secretary Gary Locke addressing the latest report on the country's economic output. His comment is a model of understatement: Gross domestic product (GDP) grew less than 1 percent in the first half of this year. As Reuters news agency put it, the U.S. economy came "perilously close to flat-lining in the first quarter."
Armenian-Americans are cheering Sen. Robert Menendez for blocking the nomination of career diplomat John Heffern to serve as ambassador to Armenia.
President Obama on Tuesday nominated businessman and environmentalist John E. Bryson to lead the Commerce Department.