- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Gary Pinkel
After guiding Missouri to a seven-win improvement and an appearance in the SEC championship game, coach Gary Pinkel signed a new contract that boosts his annual salary above $3 million and extends his previous deal by three years to the end of the 2020 season.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Feb. 11
Michael Sam was just another recruit when he left his small Texas hometown and arrived in Missouri. Playing for the Tigers, he turned into a private loquacious leader ready to make a trailblazing announcement.
Missouri football fans eager for an early look at the Tigers' newest recruits can get the scoop directly from coach Gary Pinkel at a Wednesday reception on national signing day.
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Missouri got the big plays it needed at the end of the Cotton Bowl to beat an old rival.
Sorry, Southeastern Conference.
Auburn and Missouri are competing for the Southeastern Conference title Saturday, and possibly a chance to play for the national championship.
Gary Pinkel was in no mood for holiday cheer a year ago.
Just a year ago, the Auburn Tigers won all of three games and fired their coach. Just a year ago, the Missouri Tigers looked very much like a school that had no business joining the mighty Southeastern Conference. Well, look at the matchup for Saturday's championship game.
Florida State and Ohio State are in position to play for the BCS national championship, though Auburn and Missouri are close enough behind in the BCS standings to put pressure on the Buckeyes.
James was 176-78-3 at Kent State and Washington, going 153-58-2 in 18 seasons with the Huskies from 1975-92. His 1991 team topped the coaches' poll, while Miami was the national champion in The Associated Press' media poll.
Don James arrived in Seattle in the mid-1970s as an unknown. He built a Hall of Fame coaching career, turning the University of Washington into a powerhouse program that won a share of a national championship.
No. 14 Missouri got the SEC's attention upsetting Georgia on the road. The Tigers will try to retain momentum without their most indispensable player.
The San Francisco 49ers are prepared to go forward without star linebacker Aldon Smith for as long as it takes for him to get clean, healthy and improve his life.
The realignment of conferences the past few years has made it so you almost need a spreadsheet to keep up with who went where.
Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said Friday at the Georgia Dome, where each team held its final workout.
"It's like being in the NFL," Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said Friday. "Every week, you have a high-level game."