- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Gary Williams Items
On the dais Friday at Comcast Center sat a campus president hired in August, an athletic director chosen the next month and a basketball coach departing nearly 22 years after returning to Maryland.
Sean Miller was rumored to be a candidate for the head coaching job at North Carolina State and most recently was mentioned as a replacement for Gary Williams at Maryland.
Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams stepped into retirement with a fist pump and tears in his eyes.
To understand the hold Gary Williams has on Maryland basketball fans – and why so many of them turned out at Comcast Center on Friday to pay him homage – you have to go back to the beginning. You have to go back to 1989.
Gary Williams, like so many other coaches, kept an eye on others in his profession for a variety of reasons.
After sweating through crisp white shirts and expensive suits for more than three decades, Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams is finally ready to take it easy.
Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams, who retired Thursday after 22 years at Maryland, took a program from under the cloud Len Bias' cocaine-induced death and NCAA sanctions to one that boasts a national championship and one of the largest on-campus arenas in the country.
Word of longtime basketball coach Gary Williams' retirement Thursday afternoon stunned the University of Maryland student body.
Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams is retiring after 22 seasons, the school said Thursday.