- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
Gene Ward Smith
Latest Gene Ward Smith Items
The University of Dayton will host all four first-round games of the newly expanded men's basketball tournament next March, the NCAA said Thursday.
The Big Ten's athletic directors got together on what was truly a conference call on Wednesday. The first thing Ohio State's Gene Smith did was open some accompanying e-mails that listed proposed Buckeyes football schedules for 2011 and 2012.
A conference was expanding and splitting into divisions, and nobody knew what would happen to its two most bitter football rivals. Would they stay in the same division or be split apart?
Since 1943, fans have always known where to find the annual showdown between Michigan and Ohio State: Right at the end of the schedule.
Since 1943, fans have always known where to find the annual showdown between Michigan and Ohio State: Right at the end of the Big Ten schedule.
Ohio State will pay Colorado $1.4 million to come to Ohio Stadium next season and play the Buckeyes.
The Jacksonville Jaguars and first-round draft pick Tyson Alualu have finally agreed on a five-year contract worth $28 million, ending the defensive tackle's brief holdout and getting him on his way to training camp.
The Jacksonville Jaguars believe they have an agreement for a contract with first-round draft pick Tyson Alualu.
Anyone from Arkansas to Arkansas-Pine Bluff could kick off March Madness next year.