- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
Latest george atallah Items
Figures obtained by The Associated Press underscore the substantial divide between the NFL and the locked-out players on a core issue: What portion of additional revenue goes to players.
The NFL filed an unfair labor practice charge against its players' union with the National Labor Relations Board on Monday.
The NFL has filed an unfair labor practice charge against its players' union.
Negotiations to prevent an NFL lockout took a grim turn Thursday with the cancellation of the second day of a planned two-day bargaining session.
The NFL Players Association said its TV ad, set to run during a college football all-star game this weekend, was rejected by CBS College Sports Network because the message was connected to labor negotiations.
NFL union executive committee members Scott Fujita and Domonique Foxworth say concerns about injuries make the league's push to switch to an 18-game regular season a major sticking point in negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement.
NFL players might be socking away their paychecks soon to get ready for a lockout that could cost them their entire salary in 2011.