- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
Latest George Clooney Items
The Oklahoma House passed a bill Tuesday - on a second try - that extends a tax credit for the film industry after debating the economic impact of the measure and how one film that received such an incentive portrayed the state.
The big winners on Oscar night may have been set in the 19th-century American South and outer space, but for many people across the Atlantic, this year's Academy Awards belonged to Britain.
Dorothy Hammett Allen received a surprise recently. Her son, Richard, who lives in Connecticut, called to say he'd unearthed a military notebook that belonged to her father, Ralph W. Hammett, one of the Monuments Men.
David O. Russell's crime drama "American Hustle" could be a big winner at Sunday's Academy Awards. But for the movie's many international fans, it may take a little longer to realize it. In their country, there is simply no word that captures the true essence of "Hustle."
Two nominees for the best picture Oscar, “Gravity” and “Nebraska,” are on DVD and Blu-ray this week.
Action-packed new releases couldn't stack up to 3-D hit "The Lego Movie," which took the No. 1 slot in its third weekend at the box office.
The National Gallery of Art stands between the White House and the Capitol, bracketed by other museums exhibiting treasures ranging from the red shoes Judy Garland wore in the movie "The Wizard of Oz" to the Apollo 11 space module that went to the moon and back, to a Leonardo da Vinci portrait reckoned as his best work short of the Mona Lisa.
President Barack Obama is hosting a screening of the movie "The Monuments Men" at the White House Tuesday.
For former state Rep. Pete Turnham of Auburn, "The Monuments Men" is not a Hollywood movie about World War II. It's part of his life.