- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Topic - George L. Barker
Sen. George L. Barker of Alexandria, who joined fellow Democrat Charles J. Colgan of Prince William County in voting for the bill, said that while public education in Virginia is good overall, there are still gaps between high-achieving and underperforming schools.
"This process will help focus attention where we need to help those students, as well as recognizing those students who are already doing well," Mr. Barker said.