- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest George Leef Items
A pair of researchers spent years following the progress of women from a single freshman dorm at a major state flagship university. What they found is not encouraging when it comes to the capacity of a college education to break down social barriers.
U.S. colleges and universities are drowning in a sea of "political correctness," and many of higher education's "best and brightest" don't recognize the danger.
George Leef is right that the "huge cost of college is often a waste" ("Burst the higher education bubble," Commentary, Wednesday). Some 17 million Americans have college degrees they don't require for their jobs.