- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - George Lemieux
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — Former U.S. Sen. George LeMieux is one of three finalists vying to become the next president of Florida Atlantic University, but Florida Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater didn't make the cut.
Former Sen. George LeMieux dropped out of the Republican primary for Senate on Wednesday, saying that he can't compete against rival Rep. Connie Mack's famous name and the fact that the party establishment has gotten behind the congressman.
A handful of Democratic Senate candidates are posting strong poll numbers in battleground states dominated by the GOP two years ago — giving that party hope that it can hang on to its slim advantage in the chamber.
The Mitt Romney campaign announced Monday that the former Massachusetts governor has decided not to participate in the planned Republican presidential debate scheduled for newt week, on March 19 in Portland, Ore.
Former Florida Republican state House Majority Leader Adam Hasner has narrowly won a poll of state conservatives meeting in Orlando, giving his campaign fresh momentum in the tight contest for the right to take on Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson next year.
President Obama intends to hold a town hall-style session on Facebook later this month during a trip to California.
Less than two months after voters gave Republicans six more Senate seats and control of the House, the GOP is lining up candidates for 2012, well ahead of the pace of previous election cycles.
Scoring a prized political victory five weeks before the Nov. 2 elections, President Obama on Monday signed a bill to help small businesses expand and hire by cutting their taxes and creating a $30 billion loan fund.
In a win for President Obama and his political allies, Senate Democrats on Tuesday won a crucial vote to clear the way for a bill to create a $30 billion government fund to help open up lending for credit-starved small businesses.
Charlie Crist, to the surprise of many and the consternation of some, just won't go away.
What do Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal and BP have in common? Aside from the fact that they're both Democratic Party supporters.
"To continue would only hurt our chances in the fall, and that is not something that I will risk. Connie Mack will be our nominee. He has my support," Mr. LeMieux said in a video emailed by the campaign to reporters and supporters.
He said his decision will give the party a better chance of beating Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson in November.