- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
Latest George Little Items
The Pentagon officially announced Monday that it has begun reassessing its defense strategy in light of budget constraints.
Military families will suffer under automatic spending cuts that began Friday because there will be fewer teachers on military bases, defense officials said Monday.
The Pentagon on Thursday said it was not providing any type of military training, after The New York Times reported that the U.S. was training Syrian rebels.
The Pentagon is moving toward setting up a military base in northwest Africa from which to operate surveillance drones to collect intelligence on Islamic militants in the region, several U.S. defense officials said Tuesday.
The Defense Department is providing some support to French troops in their military campaign against al Qaeda in Mali, and is considering more assistance, depending on France's needs, Pentagon press secretary George Little said Tuesday.
Defense officials have begun "serious planning" for automatic spending cuts that could force the Pentagon to lay off hundreds of thousands of civilian workers as it reduces its budget by $500 billion over the next 10 years.
Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta is expanding a Pentagon review of hiring at military day care centers to include Defense Department schools, youth centers and other facilities where children are present.
Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta has received a memo from the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff offering recommendations on ethics training for senior general and flag officers, Pentagon press secretary George Little said Friday.