- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Drew Johnson
Inept government shouldn't be entrusted with the power to kill its citizens
Topic - George Lomeli
An angry judge lashed out Thursday as he sentenced two men who pleaded guilty in the savage beating of an avid San Francisco Giants fan at Dodger Stadium, calling them cowards and a nightmare for people who go to games.
Judge George Lomeli excoriated smirking convict Louie Sanchez and handed him an eight-year state prison term Thursday, with some credit for time served. Co-defendant Marvin Norwood received a four-year sentence.
Chris Brown has been getting attention for all the right reasons lately, but a judge said Thursday that he should continue to remain under the watchful eye of a probation officer as he works to complete the terms of his sentence for beating then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.
"You are the biggest nightmare for people who attend public events," Lomeli said as he faced Sanchez and co-defendant Marvin Norwood across a courtroom crowded with media and members of Stow's family who wept and denounced the two men.
"You are the biggest nightmare for people who attend public events," said Superior Court Judge George Lomeli as he faced Louis Sanchez and Marvin Norwood across a courtroom crowded with media and members of Stow's family who wept and denounced the two men.