- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest George Mason Items
The BB&T Classic opener proved no contest as George Mason fell to Big 12 power Oklahoma 81-66
Oklahoma (8-1) led all the way, getting little resistance from George Mason (5-4) which was led by Bryon Allen, who had 15 points. Guarded tightly by Cameron Clark, Patriots' guard Sherrod Wright hit just 2 of 9 shots, scoring seven points, 10 below his team-leading average.
The Colonials (7-1) and Terps (5-3) matchup for the 68th time and first since 2008 in the second game of the BB&T Classic doubleheader Sunday at Verizon Center. George Mason (5-3) and Oklahoma (7-1) tip-off at 1 p.m.
The local team at the year's BB&T Classic with the most impressive résumé to date, George Washington. Whether the 7-1 Colonials face Maryland at full strength on Sunday is the question.
Coach Paul Hewitt said Thursday that Anali Okoloji's actions Wednesday night were "inexcusable and not what we expect from a George Mason student-athlete."
Corey Allen, Jr. hit a floater with two seconds remaining as South Florida came back from a 17-point second-half deficit to beat George Mason, 68-66, Wednesday night.
George Mason's second-leading scorer last season, injured senior forwards Jonathan Arledge will miss the remainder of this season.
George Mason couldn't figure out the Princeton offense and fell to 4-2.
This week's look around the DMV includes collective 3-point shooting prowess by GW and Georgetown's D'Vauntes Smith Rivera's when the Hoyas needed it most.