- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest George Mason Items
New George Mason AD and former Redskin Brad Edwards tells stories from his playing days under Joe Gibbs. Take a listen.
Tom O'Connor, George Mason's AD for the past 20 years including the school's run to the 2006 men's basketball Final Four, announced his retirement.
Tom O'Connor is retiring as athletic director at George Mason.
The school announced Tuesday that O'Connor will leave June 30 after 20 years on the job. The 67-year-old O'Connor helped raise the athletic profile of a university that had long been known as a commuter school.
Ryan Canty and the Fordham Rams hit the glass to secure the program's first conference tournament victory in seven years.
Ryan Canty grabbed a career-best 19 rebounds as No. 13 Fordham held on to defeat 12th-seeded George Mason 70-67 in the first round of the A-10 Championship.
Marko Gujanicic's 15 points Thursday night included the game-winning layup, and George Mason beat La Salle 59-57.
Maurice Creek needed help after a brutal first half shooting performance against George Mason. Per usual, he prayed. The 3-pointers fell from there.
The win moves the Colonials (21-7, 9-5 Atlantic 10) into a tie for fourth place with Massachusetts with two games remaining. The top four teams in the regular season earn a bye into the conference tournament quarterfinals.