- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest George Mcphee Items
A smattering of cheers and some hand-made signs greeted Evgeny Kuznetsov Sunday morning.
Almost four years after the Capitals selected him in the first round of the NHL draft, Evgeny Kuznetsov arrived in Washington on Saturday in the flesh.
From being drafted in 2010 to being signed on Saturday, Evgeny Kuznetsov has tested the Capitals' patience.
The Capitals looked dormant through two and a half periods before exploding for three goals in the final 20 minutes to grab a 3-2 win over Phoenix.
It took the Washington Capitals nearly four years to sign Russian forward Evgeny Kuznetsov. When they finally did on Saturday, general manager George McPhee compared the new forward to a mythical creature.
15 minutes after signing Evgeny Kuznetsov, Capitals GM George McPhee spoke with the media to discuss the near future of Kuznetsov in Washington.
The Capitals have signed prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov to an entry-level contract, paving the way for him to join the team in the coming days.
Capitals general manager George McPhee says he traded two disgruntled players for a pair of proven playoff performers.
Caps general manager George McPhee made three trades this week, bringing in winger Dustin Penner from Anaheim and goalie Jaroslav Halak from St. Louis while sending forward Martin Erat to Phoenix. After the NHL's trade deadline passed on Wednesday, McPhee spoke about the role team chemistry plays when he weighs a possible deal.