- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
Topic - George Preston Marshall
So you think Dan Snyder is the lousiest owner in Washington Redskins history? Forget it, despite the franchise's 86-106 record over 12 seasons under his highfalutin' hand.
This date in Redskins history
Sammy Baugh, the greatest Redskins player of them all, faded into his end zone to pass in the first quarter and spotted end Wayne Millner open at the 10-yard-line. So Slingin' Sam slung, but the ball struck the goal post — then on the goal line — for an automatic safety. Cleveland Rams 2, Washington Redskins 0.
At a subsequent press luncheon, owner George Preston Marshall told coach Mike Nixon to give an alibi for the blowout.
In one memorable burst of bombast, he said, "We'll start signing Negroes when the Harlem Globetrotters start signing whites."