- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Topic - George Preston Marshall
So you think Dan Snyder is the lousiest owner in Washington Redskins history? Forget it, despite the franchise's 86-106 record over 12 seasons under his highfalutin' hand.
This date in Redskins history
Sammy Baugh, the greatest Redskins player of them all, faded into his end zone to pass in the first quarter and spotted end Wayne Millner open at the 10-yard-line. So Slingin' Sam slung, but the ball struck the goal post — then on the goal line — for an automatic safety. Cleveland Rams 2, Washington Redskins 0.
But that narrative came under fire recently after an 81-year-old published interview surfaced in which Marshall told The Associated Press the story was not true.
In one memorable burst of bombast, he said, "We'll start signing Negroes when the Harlem Globetrotters start signing whites."