- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
Topic - George Thew Burke
The Democratic Party of Virginia convention that descended into chaos, discord and finger-pointing has prompted a formal complaint against the state party that demands a new election for two of the state's representatives to the Democratic National Committee and the ouster of three top party officials.
The charges made by this woman are untrue," he said. "It's probably the first convention she's attended."
"We need DNC members from Virginia who will help build our party, support our Democratic elected officials, and nurture current and future candidates," 11th Congressional District Democratic Committee Chairman George Burke wrote on May 31. "Ben Tribbett will do nothing of the sort. Don't give Ben Tribbett a national stage to embarrass Virginia Democrats and continue to tear down good Democrats at every level from the White House to Main Street."