- ‘X-Men’ director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing a boy
- Tennessee ammunition site explodes, killing 1
- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
George W. Bush Presidential Center
Latest George W. Bush Presidential Center Items
Behold, some Earth Day news of a different sort. Recall that while in office, President George W. Bush relished his time outdoors in the Lone Star State, and he drew much derision from the liberal press for his habit of clearing out brush on his ranch, by hand, the old-fashioned way. Mr. Bush's basic penchant for earthy fare is still active. Very active, in fact.
A 15-acre park at the upcoming George W. Bush Presidential Center will recreate a Texas prairie, complete with a wildflower meadow, a new blend of native grasses and even trees transplanted from the former president's ranch.
The George W. Bush Institute is launching its first book, which features experts weighing in on ways to jump-start the U.S. economy toward 4 percent gross domestic product growth.
Former President George W. Bush said Monday that his presidential center will be a venue for learning and action, and that it already exceeds his expectations.