- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Latest George Washington Items
What would George Washington think if he could see the latest travails in America's mortgage fiasco? Washington, as I recall from my grade-school history reading, was a trained property surveyor, which would have made him familiar with a process that is critical in determining ownership of a home.
We check out the songs presidents love to listen to.
At least once every generation someone writes another "major" biography of George Washington. Predictably, each new book claims to be the seal of the prophets, the one that finally reveals the "real" George Washington as we have never seen him
Tensions between China and Japan continue to rise even though Japan on Saturday released a Chinese fishing boat captain who was held for ramming his vessel into two Japanese coast guard ships near the Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea.
Culture Challenge of the Week: Spiritual Indifference.
In the days of Lincoln, the risks to the Constitution and the chance to save it went hand in hand. The same is true today.
Did my ears deceive me? Did I hear House Minority Leader John Boehner say on CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday: "If the only option I have is to vote for those at 250 or below, of course I'm going to do that." He was referring to voting for extending the Bush tax cuts to those making less than $250,000 a year. And he was referring to the issue when there is a building momentum to keep the tax cuts for everyone in an era of fragile economic growth and 9.6 percent unemployment. Even some Democrats are willing to keep the tax cuts, but Mr. Boehner just made it difficult for them.
Coming two weeks after Election Day, a book from President Barack Obama for some of the nation's nonvoters: inspirational stories for children about American pioneers.
Global warming will be taking a break next year.