- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest George Zimmerman Items
The family George Zimmerman helped rescue last week after a rollover crash in Sanford, Fla., canceled a news conference Wednesday in which they had planned to talk about the accident.
Just five days after the city of Detroit filed for the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history, the City Council on Tuesday unanimously passed a resolution calling for a federal investigation to see whether civil rights charges are warranted against George Zimmerman.
The polarizing racial and legal debate over George Zimmerman's acquittal in the shooting death of an unarmed black teenager in Florida has been turned into a national political issue that's not going away anytime soon.
I would like to answer the question President Obama posed last week. He asked whether Trayvon Martin would have "been justified" in shooting George Zimmerman for following him ("President Obama: 'Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago,'" Web, July 19).
The White House podium conveys a great deal of power and influence to the man standing behind it. Teddy Roosevelt called it "the bully pulpit."
Trayvon Martin's parents are doing the rounds of the media and saying that they are stunned by the verdict in George Zimmerman's trial ("Trayvon Martin's parents say they're 'stunned' by George Zimmerman verdict," Web, July 17). It's too bad they weren't stunned by their son's anti-social, self-destructive behavior, which was going on long before Mr. Zimmerman came across him.
George Zimmerman swoops back into the spotlight, this time saving the day. He and another good Samaritan arrived on the scene of an accident just in time to help rescue two adults and two children trapped inside their burning vehicle that had turned over.
Protesters angry over a jury's acquittal of George Zimmerman and upset that Florida Gov. Rick Scott won't order the state Legislature into special session to scale back 'stand your ground laws' are convening their own — a mock legislative hearing to analyze Trayvon Martin's killing.
Folks on the Bill Press radio show Tuesday morning agreed that reports Monday of George Zimmerman helping save a family a four from a car crash are not true.