- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Latest George Zimmerman Items
The fitness facility where George Zimmerman used to train is under fire for offering guests a chance to view and mimic the murder suspect's workout schedule.
The George Zimmerman trial came to a close with the prosecution invoking Martin Luther King in its pitch to the jury, and a union that initially backed the passage of Obamacare did an about face. On the international stage, NSA leaker Edward Snowden decided to apply for asylum in Russia. Here's a recap, or wrap, of the week that was from The Washington Times.
The defense attorney for Florida resident George Zimmerman relied on the wisdom of Founding Fathers to make key points to the jury during his closing arguments on Friday — and to emphasize that the jurors were representing the Constitution at work and ought to take their responsibilities seriously.
A friend of George Zimmerman — the Florida suspect facing murder charges for the February shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin — was trying to argue on a nationally televised show that his buddy didn't break any laws by carrying a weapon and that the prosecution was presenting unfair arguments. But his microphone was cut.
Decades ago, a substantial element of mainstream white culture in the United States was dysfunctional because it embraced discrimination against minorities. This was not only wrong, but self-defeating. White communities that most fully embraced racial animosity were among the most backward and poverty-stricken in the country.
George Zimmerman is innocent. The evidence clearly shows this. Yet the liberal media have already convicted him in the court of public opinion.
When do insensitive words destroy reputations? It all depends.
The judge for George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial said Thursday that the jury will be allowed to consider a lesser charge of manslaughter.
The Justice Department on Thursday dismissed suggestions by a Washington-based watchdog group that it helped organize a "pressure campaign" last year against George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.