- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Gerard Piqué Items
Barcelona will be without Gerard Pique for two weeks because of a leg injury the defender picked up during Saturday's 3-1 loss at Real Sociedad.
As Champions League rallying cries go, Gerard Pique struck an unusually downbeat tone for a Barcelona player - particularly when speaking in the stadium of his team's opponent Tuesday in the second round of the Champions League: Manchester City.
Barcelona was unfazed by the recent departure of its club president amid a lawsuit as it eased to a 3-0 win over Malaga on Sunday to reclaim its share of the Spanish league lead.
Barcelona says defender Carles Puyol has a left leg injury and the speed of his recovery will determine his availability.
Barcelona and Atletico Madrid both stumbled to draws on Sunday, tightening the Spanish league title race with Real Madrid now only one point behind the co-leaders.
Atletico Madrid and Barcelona showed the battle for the title would be a long, drawn-out affair after the Spanish co-leaders drew 0-0 in their first league meeting of the season on Saturday.
Messi scored his 60th, 61st and 62nd career goals in his 80th Champions League match to help Barcelona make a winning start to its European campaign with a 4-0 victory over Ajax on Wednesday.
The Associated Press is following events in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday. The Confederations Cup final between Spain and Brazil kicks off at 7 p.m. local time (2200 GMT). Follow this live feed for updates:
Colombian superstar Shakira is learning how to balance her demanding work schedule with being a new mom one day at a time.