- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Giancarlo Stanton
Henderson Alvarez retired all nine batters he faced in his first start since pitching a no-hitter on the final day last season, leading the Miami Marlins to a 7-3 victory over a Cardinals split-squad Friday.
Nathan Eovaldi was inefficient but effective Thursday.
Doug Fister makes his first spring start as the Nationals host the Marlins in Viera. Get live updates and analysis on Nats Insider!
Hours before taking the mound Friday against the St. Louis Cardinals, Jose Fernandez crossed paths with manager Mike Redmond in the Miami Marlins clubhouse.
The Marlins outfielder had some pretty strong words for reporters on Saturday in regards to Miami's lack of success during his tenure.
The average raise for a player in salary arbitration was 117 percent this year, according to a study by The Associated Press, led by steep hikes for Freddie Freeman, Craig Kimbrel, Giancarlo Stanton and Michael Brantley.
The Miami Marlins' full squad took the practice field for the first time Thursday, and Giancarlo Stanton renewed a too-familiar ritual, greeting the numerous newcomers and trying to put names with faces.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia can't wait to report to spring training with the Miami Marlins - and it has nothing to do with the short drive to their camp.
After finishing last in the NL East in 2013, the Marlins enter this season with an influx of veterans and one of the best prospects in baseball yet to debut.
Miami Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton has avoided arbitration by agreeing to a $6.5 million, one-year contract
The National League East has a great deal of young talent all the way around, but which young players in the division are the best?
The Marlins surprised some people by signing catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia. Does this mean they plan to actually compete in 2014?
Fernandez didn't allow a hit until the sixth with one out when pinch-hitter Zach Walters hit a dribbler up the third-base line for a base hit in his first big league at-bat.
In 60 1/3 innings this season, facing 230 batters, Clippard has allowed 28 total hits. He has walked 20, given up seven home runs and allowed 15 runs to score while he's been on the mound (13 earned runs, two inherited runners)
Turning to make a pickoff throw, Jose Fernandez stumbled and fell, spiraling to the dirt like a human corkscrew as his throw went sailing for an embarrassing error.
He said his complaint is that the park doesn't play fairly, and not just for him.
"I'm not a loser," he said. "That's not what I'm accustomed to. That's not what I like to do. So this obviously hasn't been ideal so far, and I don't want a career like that. We've got to push it forward and start turning it around."