- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Topic - Gil De Ferran
Honda Performance Development has added two-time champion Gil de Ferran as a technical consultant and adviser.
Former IndyCar champion Tony Kanaan has lost another ride because of sponsorship issues, which will likely park the popular Brazilian for most races this season.
All Tony Kanaan really wanted was a full-time ride in the IndyCar Series. Team owner Gil de Ferran delivered his gift a few days early.
"We are a very young and developing operation with big ambitions, and I think Tony brings a wealth of experience," he said. "He's a champion, he's a race winner, he's raced all sorts of cars in many situations. Hopefully it brings us a little closer to being a major force in the Izod IndyCar Series."
"I think the rest of our plans will be known in due course," de Ferran said. "Hopefully, we'll make more announcements in the near future. It was great working Davey last year, and if we could do that again next year, we'd do it."